CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

What's Happening Wednesday

Haven't been engaged the past few weeks but am trying to get back in the groove. I find that I feel so much more fulfilled and less anxious when I actually share the depths of my life and what I have been up to. Which seems a little backwards to me. I have been trying to keep busy lately. Challenging myself to cook more and bake more for my family. Learn about wholesome ingredients and how to keep that in our budget. Let me share a bit of what I have been up to.

Crafting! Love paper crafts folks, it's true. Now that my daughter is of the age where she can entertain herself for a few minutes and I don't have to worry that she is eating the dog food, I have taken to getting back into the one creative outlet I seem to do sort of well at. I recently got a Cricut Expression for Christmas! Oh man, I'm in love. She is Aqua and we have become quick friends her and I. Here is a little project I did the first time I tried it out. A little "B" for our front door. Super simple and a personalized door hanger for under $2! Cute and budget friendly.


Isn't she pretty??

I started out with a 5"x5" wood block from the craft store $1.59, used acrylic paint (about 5ml, $0.05) with a foam brush I already had. Painted 2 coats to make sure it was evenly coated and let dry overnight.

Using the Cricut Classic Font I cut out 4.5" letter B's in 'tall ball' (Mango Frost matstack, printed paper) & 'tall ball shadow' (Hippie Chic matstack, metallic brown). Both papers are by DCWV.





Next I glued on the metallic "B" with ModPodge and coated over once, allowing it to dry for about 15 minutes.




 I then did the same for the patterned "B" and added 2 more layers of ModPodge and let dry overnight.

 
Lastly I used thumbtacks to pin the hanging ribbon in place. By the way, found the ribbon at Dollar Tree and it was $1 for 9 yards and by golly it is decent ribbon, decent enough I bought 5 rolls in different colors but am thinking I need to go pick up more!


So there you have it, my personalized door hanger that takes barely any effort and looks adorable. A peek into my next project, art for the wee girl in my life...




One of 3 for our girls new room decor. The others will be an owl and possibly a bird. Stay tuned.

Now off to pick up my adorably handsome son! Night folks.





 


 

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Chels!! I wanted to do letters for the nursery and your instructions look so simple and the end product is SO beautiful! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete