CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Becoming less "processed"

I strive to be a great sort of good homemaker. Alas my poor husband has had to live with a not so great homemaker for 6.5 years of our 7 year marriage! Now to put it in perspective between September 2009 and September 2010 I went on a "fix my faults" kind of mission. Now in no way did I want to change who I was, leave myself at the door or anything of the sort. I really wanted to remember that before I was a slave wife, mother, I was little old me. Somewhere between moving to a new country, getting hitched, going through a crazy custody battle for 5 years, trudging through miscarriage and infertility, finally becoming a biological mom, becoming a full time custodial step mom, seeing Sir-Reads-Alot through the murder of his younger 1/2 brother and the incarceration of his bio-mommy I lost, forgot, ignored and took advantage of the person I once was.

This started me on the "fix my faults" journey. I started out by heading into the doc's office and making sure I was a-ok. Well came to find out I was going to again struggle trying to have another baby and was diagnosed with PCOS. We tried a few rounds of Clomid and when that wasn't even working after 3 rounds and a few "emotional breakdowns" later I gave it back to God and said if we were meant to have another child, He would provide and let it go. We are heading into year 3 now as of the new year. Next I decided after the tragedy and trauma our family had dealt with in the previous year, a bit of soul seeking and talking might do this mama some good. So I found myself an amazing counselor and off we went. I went through an amazing and life changing  period. I will never be the same. I learned that I could be the person I wanted to be if I only rearranged a few things and worked on a few others. During that time, we came to the conclusion a lot of my stress came from my inability to get normal, daily and routine things done. You know things like all of my daily duties like cleaning, laundry, dishes and anything else that would fall into the realm of what a housewife does. We came up with a plan to have me tested and evaluated for ADHD. Something that after talking about more than just my current life challenges, went through my whole life and it's challenges. So off I trotted to a different clinician for that and low and behold, something I have thought for many years and even Mr. Subby who was diagnosed at 13 for ADHD thought I had. My life changed the day I started my medication. That day I was able to clean off my kitchen table. in one sitting. that is unheard of. really, unheard of for me. So life changed. The laundry was getting done, the house was clean, things were put away. I was starting to see what the "whole" me could do as a wife, mom and friend. I was blown away.

So the long way of getting to the title of my post. In the fact that my house is a bit better on the organized side, I have been able to increase my curiosity in cooking and baking. Making things for my family that are less processed and made with more love <3! Tried out my hand at prepping and making ahead today. Made 3 meals of Chicken Cordon Bleu from Fix Freeze Feast and Whipped Sweet Potatoes from Fix, Freeze, Take and Bake. I thought we better try them out and freeze only 2 meals of each. So. Good! I know everything that went into it and it was delicious. Bonus! I am excited to keep going. Tomorrow I think I will be trying out Mozzarella Meatballs and Tomato Corn Chowder. Watch out Martha, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. This was so cool to read Chels! I'm really proud of you for not only admitting to your struggles but doing whatever is necessary to overcome them! You are an inspiration to us other Mom's who tend to hide behind "excuses" instead of getting to the root of the problem. Excited that you're a blogger now! I'm a follower! :) :)

    ReplyDelete